Monday, March 18, 2019

Radish Box: Part 2

Success!

Or at least the first signs of success!  We are at day 8 and I have noticed several sprouts of radishes popping out from underneath our growing medium.  I have not actively put any kind of fertilizer in with the radish seeds but I have been using the cast off water from the hydroponic units in there sporadically. Since the plants in the hydroponics grow better if you change out the water for fresh about once a month and I can't bring myself to throw out perfectly good water with nutrient sludge left in the bottom I've just been pouring that into our little DIY route planting box.  Since these vegetables don't actually sit in the water permanently I'm not concerned about its stagnancy giving them any issues - but that is all part of the experiment.  it looks like some radishes of both kinds I planted are growing which is very exciting because even though those seeds were quite old they seemed to have a good amount of life in them still.

No comments:

Post a Comment